February 1st, 2011 About Me
Soh Xin Yi Cyndi
I love my pet rabbit, Kele!
I’m a Leo who loves coffee, pastries, cakes and sleeping!
15 Interesting Facts About Me! (Wrote this little piece on my blog in 2010! Made some amendments and updates!)
1) I love to sleep. So much that I get upset if I don’t get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep a day. On days when I do not have to work, I can sleep for 12 hours straight. I remember a JC friend telling me not to sleep so much and waste my time, because I can sleep as much as I want after I die and no one will disturb me….
But then hor, I think maybe people will disturb me… ask me for 4D numbers… haha…
2) I drink coffee like there’s no tomorrow, since I started schooling in K1. My father will bring my elder sister and I to the coffee shop for breakfast before sending us to our kindergarten classes, and the breakfast will always consist of a kueh + a cup of kopi gao. And since, the tradition of coffee every breakfast just continued all the way till today. There’s a constant supply of freshly brewed coffee at home and as I grew older, I drink more and more. Now its at least 3 - 5 cups a day, and I’m dying of caffeine poisoning some day.
**By the way Im trying very hard to reduce for the past month. I cap at 2 cups a day. Healthy? heh…
3) Mummy asked me what my sister and I wanna be when we grew up (i remembered that scene vividly. I was wearing my kindergarten uniform, sitting at the table waiting for lunch and DRINKING COFFEE). My sister said that she wants to be a Fashion Designer. Mummy happy. I replied, “I wanna be a Garang Guni.”
4) My favourite colour is blue. Im easily drawn to the colour. Perhaps that’s why I love Doraemon other than the fact that he has got that magical quality.
5) I’m very petite. Actually petite is an understatement. Haha. Im standing at 155cm ( I still thinks that Im 153cm but the doctor insist otherwise…) and weighs 35 kg. I haven’t grown a single bit since my last fitness record in my primary school report book. I’ve got a couple of readers who emailed me or left a comment for me telling me that they saw me outside, and was really surprised that Im so small. Hahaha… Ya I am. Sometimes I do hope that Im a little bigger so that I can buy clothes easily! Besides that, Im so used to my “littleness” that im quite comfortable in my own skin… hehehe….
Oh im not anorexic……I totally enjoy nice food.
6) I dunno what to write already…. Errr…..
I kept very short hair for a couple of years in Secondary school. I was from a girls’ school and I’ll get little love notes and presents from my juniors. My mum was so worried that I wasn’t straight. (I’m not homophobic! ) I only started keeping a bob hairstyle when I was a little older. My secondary school doesn’t allow us to keep long hair, and everyone looks alike…. zzzzz….
7) I play the drumset in the school band, and had my own rock band group too! But I’ve since became very rusty. I did a performance about some time back (and realized how rusty I am…zzzz…). I always say that Im going to pick it up again but once people start working, its very difficult to find time and energy to do it.
Im going to do it someday!! hehehe….
I was from the Dance Club too. We did modern dance in JC and I enjoy dancing a lot! Now? The only place I dance in are the clubs…. hahaha…
9) My parents were hawkers and they used to sell Duck Rice and Kway Chap. I know it was a back-breaking job but they never once complained and tried to provide the best for my sister and me. I used to helped out at the store as a little child serving food (my mental sums improved dramatically from the payment and how much change I had to return!) and clearing tables. I miss those times! I remember doing my homework on the oily tables when there were no customers and playing with the other stall-holders children bare footed!
10) Im typing this and watching Channel V at the same time and Jolin Tsai’s MV popped up. Oh yes I like her! And I secretly wants to do plastic surgery to get her figure and her nose! hahaha…. But the pain factor and the fear of the unknown….errmmm…
I’ll just do my braces instead….asap. (Done!! Braces removed already! ^^)
11) I keep a very cute and fat rabbit named 可乐 now. He’s a wonderful company and friend (I talk to him all the time…oops…) and he knows my deepest secrets and I insist that he understands, Haha. He’s a very special rabbit who knows how to play catching with me and will look at where I am and sits beside me quietly when Im watching TV. He DEMANDS to be patted by sticking out his head. Oh, and he’s allowed to roam the house freely when Im at home because he has his own toilet and he’s toilet trained!! When Im outside, I don’t keep him inside a cage either, its too small and restrictive. He shares my room with me and roams around the room freely when he can’t go the the other ares of the house to play. I LOVE KELE. He’s 4 years old already!
12) Im very messy and no matter how hard I try to keep a place neat, it will never be. Im getting better, at least my table at my workplace is not as messy as before. Its actually neater!
13) Im more a night person than a morning person. I focus and concentrate better at night and Im quite a zombie in the day. But the world just isn’t fair to people like us because everything seems to be in place for the day people. Hahahaha….Look, school and work all happens in the daytime. Of course there are night shift jobs but those are not suitable for me. I love what Im doing now, except for the fact that I’ve to wake up really early. On days when I don’t have to work, I reverse my night and day…. I said its unfair right, why? All shopping centers or any other place are all close by the time Im ready to go out. Zzzzz…….
14) I’m one of the very lucky children in Singapore because I’ve never had tuition befor from K1 to University. My parents trust my sister and I a lot and left us to handle our own studies. I spent my whatever free time I had after schooling and homework playing with my neighbours and we were allowed to run around the neighbourhood playing, without a care in the world. How many children get to do that during childhood? Very few in Singapore I think. Of course there are pros and cons to that la…..
15) I left this to the last because I think this is the weirdest — Im afraid of mangoes. Not afraid as in I’ll scream when I see one but I wont eat it or smell it or touch it if possible. It stinks so badly!!
After finishing this 15 facts, I realized that Im such a uninteresting and boring person, because I took days to finish this post, because there’s just nothing about me that’s interesting to write on…hahahaha….